Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Worst Birthday

It didn't start off like that. I got several cards throughout the week, my bosses at work took us out to a nice lunch on Friday, then Saturday Sam and I did a little shopping for some maternity clothes and went to dinner. It was a nice enough birthday by that point. Then all heck broke loose. I felt a little off right after dinner, but didn't think much of it and after planning our awesome lesson for our Sunday School class (I was actually really excited to teach it), we went to bed.

Shortly afterwards I was up and violently sick and the misery continued until 7am. I'm still not sure exactly what the culprit was, but I can tell you I won't be in the mood for California Pizza Kitchen again for a long time. Thankfully our class was deferred until next week when we can teach and we got a chance to rest (Sam was up with me the whole night.)

So my actual birthday today is spent in pajamas with a BRAT diet and lots of fluids and rest. I am feeling a bit better, but very untrusting of food and a lot sorry for myself too. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a birthday cake.

And that's the story of my worst birthday.

1 comment:

  1. sorry you were ill on your bday! That's just not right! but i have been meaning to congratulate you on your baby!! How exciting and wonderful it is and how great of a mommy you shall be!

    ReplyDelete